Monday, November 26, 2018

Tips for Firewood Storage


I always try to get my firewood newsletter out before it gets cold to help avoid rush delivery scheduling. With all the terrible wildfires going on right now this may seem like a sore subject, however, I’m sure a good rain will help us all feel better.
We are still trying to achieve a 50/50 hardwood to pine ratio for our mixed wood product, but this year our mix is going to be closer to 60 percent pine and 40 percent hardwood. Because we have been avoiding taking in pine firewoods our next year’s mix looks to be a much higher percentage of hardwood. 

As always our seasoned and selected wood is excellent quality.
Do not burn wet wood. That smoke up your neighbor and and soot up your chimney. 
Someone asked me once what is the best way to store my firewood. I was so glad to be asked that question because I’ve given that a lot of thought. Even if you cover your wood, dry wood will draw in moisture from the dew-filled night air.
In Oregon wood tight wood sheds are common, however, the best storage of wood is actually a greenhouse.
If you reduce your wood supply by February to make room to start growing your tomatoes and restock your wood by June without breaking glass or plastic you will have done everything perfectly.
However last year I only had one fire before Valentine’s Day, and after that I enjoyed regular fires for about 6 weeks.
The last few years March has been quite chilly, and in fact, March holds both the coldest day and the rainiest day ever recorded here.
It seems there’s a market for 1/4 cords so I guess we’ll start selling those too for $100 delivered. 
Also ask about good deals on limb logs and irregulars for camping and fire pits.

I still don’t do email. When you want to order or if you have any questions, please call. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Im an old codger and I dont do email. Please call me with your concerns.